Subject: Re: Fw: [wsbpel] Issue - 157 - conf call brief recap ... and carryforward ...

Hi, Danny, Chris and Rania,

Well ... I understand the motivation behind the cases of <xs:choice> and
<xs:any>. However, I would not make them equivalent to the case of SG
(substitutionGroup). Because, in the case of SG, the from and to are
still compatible data types. But for case of choice and any, they may
not be compatible types.

I definitely still want to keep the "copy-then-equal" for <copy>
operation (at least for majority of the cases)

On the other hand, I am still evaluating whether we should support
element-node-name-replace in <copy> and Issue 157 ...

**IF** we want to support it, I suppose the syntax will look like this:
---------------------------
<assign>
    <copy replaceElementName="yes|no">
          <from> ... </from>
    </copy>
</assign>

The case of replaceElementName="yes" would be the ONLY case where the
"copy-then-equal" property does not hold true. That should be stated
normatively in the issue resolution text.