Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 88 - Proposal to vote

Please see below

Francisco Curbera wrote:
> Updated for closing issue 88.  To my original proposal of 4/1 I added
> points 1b and 6, an I reformulated point 3 to reflect the discussion we had
> over email.
>

> 1. All WSDL and XSD definitions MUST be explicitly imported.

Does this mean that items imported by the imported WSDL or XSD are not
visible to BPEL?

> 1b. Import elements are conceptually unordered. It is considered an error
> if the imported documents contain conflicting definitions of a component
> that used by the importing process (as could be caused when the XSD
> redefinition mechanism is used).
>
> 2. The only mandatory attribute on the <bpel:import> element is
> "importType" of type xs:anyURI, for which the BPEL spec defines two values,
> indicating the import of WSDL and XSD documents.

What semantics are associated with this? "Something, I won't tell you
what, is being imported?" That doesn't seem terribly useful.

> 3. The URI identifying the imported documents (the value of the
> "targetnamespace" attribute in the cases of WSDL and XSD documents, but
> maybe a different URI associated to the document in other languages) MUST
> match the namespace attribute in the <import> element, or none if no
> identification URI (targetnamespace for WSDL and XSD) was specified in the
> import.

This can only apply to WSDL and XSD since other constructs being
imported may have different ideas about namespace management.

> 4. "location" and "namespace" are optional. An import w/o namespace
> indicates that external WSDL or XSD definitions are in use that are not
> namespace qualified. An import w/o location indicates that external
> definitions in a certain namespace (or lacking one) are used in the process
> definition, making no statement about where those definitions may be found.
>
> 5. Namespace and importType URIs are always absolute. Location URIs may be
> relative, following the usual rules for resolution of the URI base (XML
> Base, RFC 2396).
>
> 6. Schema definitions defined in the types section of a WSDL document which
> is imported by a BPEL process definition are considered to be effectively
> imported themselves and are available to the process for the purpose of
> defining XSD variables.

Does this also apply to conflict detection? E.g. if an inline schema
conflicts with an imported schema then the whole BPEL process MUST be
rejected?