Subject: Issue - 111 - A Signifigant Technical Problem with Paco's Proposal

I think it is important that the group understands that Paco's proposal
fundamentally breaks BPEL's existing extensibility model for standard
elements.

There are many times in this group where the crux of an issue isn't
really about a technical problem but more about personal taste. This is
not one of those times. In this case there is a significant technical
problem with Paco's proposal.

If Paco, as he asserts below, doesn't believe in standard element
extensibility then he should open an issue and have that extensibility
removed from the spec. But until such an issue is opened and passed BPEL
does support extending standard elements.

As such I strongly urge the group to reject Paco's proposal on the basis
that it violates BPEL's existing standard element extensibility design.