Subject: agenda for Sept 7

The next call of the WS BPEL TC will be on Wed. Sept 7 at 8 am Pacific.  Dial in info is: USA & Canada Toll Free Number: +1 866 500 6738, Pass code: 600345, All Others (toll): +1 203 480 8000, Pass code: 600345.  We will also have access to LiveMeeting - see the calendar entry for more info on accessing it.

Here is a brief summary of decisions from the Aug 23  call:
-  157: latest proposal from Charleton passed with friendly amendment, " when the selection of a from-spec is a TII and it is empty and the selection of an element or attribute which is also empty in those cases the to-spec can't point to a TII. "  (I believe there was some editing on this which I missed.)
- 225: proposal in issue passed
- 211: motion to close with no change was passed.  Revisitable flag should be set.
- 6.1:  motion to close with no change was passed.  Revisitable flag should be set..

Proposed agenda for next meeting:
- Nomination/volunteers to take minutes for this call
- Roll call/determine quorum
- Review/accept minutes from  previous meetings - Aug 17

- Review agenda
- European Adoption Forum Announcement from OASIS staff (Jane Harned)
- Plans for next f2f meeting and proposed agenda
- Liaison subgroup report
- Use case subgroup report
- Requirements and Issues Coordination subgroup report
- Specification Editing subgroup report
- Implementation subgroup report
Issue discussion.  Note we will follow the process agreed to at the f2f: Discussions of any issue on calls be limited to no more than 30 minutes at the end of which the person who made the motion can choose to table to next meeting or force a vote (without requiring 2/3 majority to stop discussion).   Those who want to continue to discuss need to go off line to work the issue.  At next meeting progress should be reported – or issue will go to vote with original proposal.  If issue goes to a vote process starts again as above.  If results of offline discussions result in amended proposal to vote, the new proposal should be provided to the TC in advance of voting meeting.

–  51 (per discussion on last call, we decided to cover this even though proposal may not be final yet)

Motions to open new issues
- 217 if description rewritten

Long running issues
–> 88: pending input from Chris and Alex on questions/clarifications and Paco's response
-> 82.3: if Rania able to contact Satish
-> issue 9: deferred pending inclusion of 84 in spec
-> issue 125: pending 51 (51 depends on 157)
-> 11: defer pending resolution to 51, 157, maybe 125.  Yaron to provide info on infoset.
-> 99: defer pending 82.3
-> 169 requires Frank, Satish

Agenda for next meeting (face to face Sept 13-15) - proposed:
- review any outstanding proposals: hopefully we will be able to move forward on those that have been awaiting people who are on vacation:  88. 82.3, 169.
- review any new proposals:  please try to provide any you'd like to have considered by Sept. 9
- walk through remaining open issues
- discuss process and work items for approval of a committee specification.

New business

Regards,
John Evdemon and Diane Jordan
WS-BPEL TC Co-chairs