Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Assigning from a variable part

Hi DK and Yuzo,

The proposal for Issue 103 sent out in Feb specified how to manifest the whole message variable in one single element. However, that was amended by Satish during March F2F.

So, the proposal text sent in Feb needed to be adjusted. Then, that was done by passing a resolution for Issue 199 and Issue 203, filed by Yuzo.

Here is the recap of the proposal passed for Issue 199 and 203 (including the attached PDF file):
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200505/msg00118.html

We explicitly added back
<from variable="ncname" part="ncname"? />
<to variable="ncname" part="ncname"? />
to address msg-variable to msg variable copying.

I hope that explains the history of resolution of these issues.

Dieter Koenig1 wrote:
Ok, so we have to take a closer look at it.

I was referring to the resolution proposal in
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200502/msg00110.html
and its attached document
   (See attached file: 103_Feb2005.pdf)
On page 11 under "Old Section 9.3/Now Section 9.4", I did not find the
from/to variants with the part attribute.

Likewise, the examples and XML schema snippets do not seem to have it
anymore.

Has this been overruled somewhere else?

Kind Regards
DK

             Alex Yiu
             <alex.yiu@oracle.
                                       Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
             13.10.2005 19:53                                           cc
                                       Yuzo Fujishima
                                       <fujishima@bc.jp.nec.com>, ws bpel
                                       tc <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsbpel] Assigning from a
                                       variable part

Without checking details yet, my recollection is: Issue 103 is meant to
allow both variant to access a message part:

<from variable="msgVar" part="part01" />
<from>$msgVar.part01</from>

Dieter Koenig1 wrote:

Correct, the part attribute should have been removed according to the 103
resolution (likewise for the to-spec).
Kind Regards
DK

            Yuzo Fujishima

            <fujishima@bc.jp.

            nec.com>                                                   To

                                      ws bpel tc

            13.10.2005 07:56          <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

                                      [wsbpel] Assigning from a variable

                                      part

Hi,

The following line is in 9.4. Assignment of the Sep 01 draft:
 <from variable="ncname" part="ncname"?/>

I think part cannot be specified for <from>.
Instead, $varname.partname should be used.
Therefor I guess the above line is an error.

Am I right? Or have I missed some arguments/resolutions?

Yuzo Fujishima
NEC Corporation

OASIS
at: