Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Draft Ballot for 11

This approach makes it easier to calculate the results.  For voters, it involves more typing to cast the vote, but doesn't require voting 5 times as the other method would require, so it seemed easier from that perspective as well.  However, if you or others think the multiple ballot approach is better, let me know.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

Ron Ten-Hove <Ronald.Ten-Hove@Sun.COM>

10/27/2005 10:35 AM

Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [wsbpel] Draft Ballot for 11

Diane,

   The choices look good; they reflect what we discussed yesterday.

   We used a similar voting procedure for issue 152, but presented it differently, as a sequence of ballots, each with the same choices, labelled "first choice", "second choice", etc. Did this style of balloting not work very well?

-Ron

Diane Jordan wrote:

Given the discussion we've had on the vote for 11, I thought it best to run the draft ballot by the committee before I officially start it to make sure its clear enough and I've not overlooked anything.   Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Info on Condorcet voting can be obtained at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condorcet_method
This is the calculator that we've used to determine results:
http://condorcet.ericgorr.net/

Draft text for the ballot:
Please indicate your preferred options for resolving issue 11: