Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Call for primer ideas

I am a long-time observer of the WS-BPEL TC and author of two books that
have provided tutorials for previous versions of BPEL. Subsequent to
discussions with Diane, Ron, and James, my TC status has just this morning
been changed to "member" in order to allow me to contribute editing services
to the WS-BPEL primer deliverable.

In coordination with OASIS I've received permission from my publisher,
Prentice Hall, to contribute a chapter from my last book as an official TC
submission. This document contains a basic introduction to BPEL as well as a
step-by-step process for deriving a BPEL process definition from existing
business process documentation. It is further supported by a case study that
provides on-going reference examples.

This document clearly contains just a subset of what the primer will need to
cover. It may be useful as a starting point or it may only provide some
ideas as to how we may want to structure the primer. Either way, we can take
from it whatever we need. I also have the source files for the diagrams,
which can be further customized as required.

There may be additional opportunities to repurpose content from my previous
work. Further information is located at http://www.soabooks.com.

I'm looking forward to working with the TC and others contributing to the
primer.

Regards,
Thomas Erl
SOA Systems Inc. (http://www.soasystems.com)