Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Fault in Compensation

Hi Alex,

That works for me, we should be clear in the specification about that behavior.

Dieter – will the text you are preparing for 226 mention this fault propagation?

Thanks,

Chris

From: Alex Yiu [mailto:alex.yiu@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:39 PM
To: chris.keller@active-endpoints.com
Cc: 'ws bpel tc'; 'Yuzo Fujishima'; 'Dieter Koenig1'; 'Satish Thatte'; 'Danny van der Rijn'; Alex Yiu

Hi Chris,

Just to clarify: when I mentioned "the whole scope also considered faulted", the scope I am referring is S3. Yes, S4 will continue its execution, if the fault does not propagate to outside S1 to the process level.

About the introduction of "failedCompensation", it is related to the fault encapsulation concept.

Last time, when we discussed similar topic (i.e. whether to use correlationViolation fault to encapsulate some underlying XPath problem, e.g. subLanguage fault or selectionFailure fault), the TC seem preferring the original fault, instead of an encapsulating fault.

Based on that, I would say the original fault "T1" will be propagated from the compensate  activity "CA1".

Make sense?

Chris Keller wrote:

Alex,

I have a question about your interpretation specifically the part: "the
whole scope also considered faulted".  In Yuzo's example since presumably S4
could still be executing shouldn't a fault be propagated to the process so
the process can terminate S4 and then terminate.  Should we introduce a
failedCompensation fault to propagate (if we do can it be caught)?

 - Chris