Subject: RE: [wsbpel] repeatUntil description issue

"The proposed resolution called the activity "until" but when it got incorporated into the spec it
got changed to "repeatUntil" which is a definite misnomer. "

Would it be appropriate to go back to the recommended semantics using <while> ? Any reason for changing it?

Khanderao
-----Original Message-----
From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@webmethods.com]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 11:42 AM
To: Danny van der Rijn; chris.keller@active-endpoints.com; 'Mehta, Vinkesh (US - Austin)'
Cc: 'ws bpel tc'

We added this activity as a resolution for issue 140. The issue called for adding an activity with the following semantics:
<scope>
    activity1
    <while>
       <condition>bool-expr</condition>
       activity1
    </while>
</scope>

The intent was to permit executing at least once and repeat as long as the condition holds true.
The proposed resolution called the activity "until" but when it got incorporated into the spec it
got changed to "repeatUntil" which is a definite misnomer.

The intent of the issue was *not* to add an activity with "repeatUntil" semantics.
So I suggest we fix the name of the activity to capture the semantics appropriately than change the semantics of the activity to match "repeatUntil".

How about <repeat> or <repeatWhile>? Either of which I don't particularly like and the original name <until> in the issue resolution is not good either IMO.

How about <atleastOnce>?

Regards,
Prasad