Subject: Re: [wsbpel] BPEL Primer Kick-off

Hi John,

I have a flexible schedule over the next four business days, but it is
easiest for me to be available during the morning hours. I will be teaching
an SOA course Nov. 16-18 during which my availability will be limited.

Some proposed agenda items for our primer call:
- a preliminary identification of the target audience
- common scenarios for which we envision people having to apply WS-BPEL
- suggestions as to which parts of the language should perhaps not be
covered by the primer
- format of examples (case study examples, use cases, etc.)
- whether it's appropriate to provide best practices or supplementary
guidelines
- ideas for a preliminary, high-level document structure

With regards to the last point, I find that it is often effective to
organize this type of document into a handful of sections wherein each
introduces a distinct set of language elements and functions with
corresponding examples. Subsequent sections introduce new parts of the
language and more complex examples by building upon what was established in
previous sections.

Regards,
Thomas Erl
SOA Systems Inc. (http://www.soasystems.com)