Subject: RE: Issue - 229 - directional proposal

The idea would be to leverage the fact that calling compensate on a
child scope a second time is a no-op?  So that default order
compensation just rolls on over that no-op?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Yiu [mailto:alex.yiu@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:53 AM
To: wsbpeltc
Cc: Chris Keller; 'Dieter Koenig1'; Satish Thatte; Alex Yiu
Subject: Issue - 229 - directional proposal

Hi all,

As mentioned in today conf call, Chris and I share a high-level
consensus that choice #4 in the original issue description would be a
good direction to close Issue 229.

(Copied and paste here again)
=========================
after a user calls <compensate name="..."> allow them to call
<compensate/> which will compensate all remaining child scopes in the
default order. This would require changing the following text at the end

of section 13.3.3: "Note that the <compensate/> activity in a fault or
compensation handler attached to scope S causes the default-order
invocation of compensation handlers for completed scopes directly nested

within S. The use of this activity can be mixed with any other
user-specified behavior except the explicit invocation of <compensate
scope="Sx"/> for scope Sx nested directly within S. Explicit invocation
of compensation for such a scope nested within S disables the
availability of default-order compensation, as expected."

We would like to draft up the formal proposal for Issue 229 along that
direction after Dieter finishes his spec wording for Issue 207, 216, and

226.

As suggested by Diane, we would like to pass the above as the direction
proposal for this issue.