Subject: initializePartnerRole attribute default

I was reviewing the current draft and the initializePartnerRole attribute for a partnerLink has a default value of “no”.  Currently “no” means that an implementation MUST NOT initialize the EPR for the partnerRole. This seems wrong to me. In my experience most partnerRole EPRs are initialized by the implementation. My feeling is that if possible the defaults should reflect the most common usage so the default should be “yes”.  Although I believe everywhere else in the specification the defaults are “no”, maybe we should change the sense of the attribute name.  Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Regards,

Chris Keller