Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 162 - Proposal For Vote

Yes, a combination of the 2 statements would probably be best, as you point out:

All scopes and activities within a scope which are not within a nested scope MUST be uniquely named.

Prasad Yendluri wrote:
Danny,

Are you asking that the clarification that was in the parenthesis "(ie, not within another nested scope)" be added, to make things clear?

Regards,
Prasad

Danny van der Rijn wrote:
Just going through (parts of) the spec again, and I found that the wording that ended up in the spec for 162 (13.3, 3rd para from the end):

"All scopes and activities directly nested in a scope MUST be uniquely named."

Is not as clear as in the issues list.  (Note that I can't find this text in any email, only in the issues list).

"
The names of all activities directly nested (ie, not within another nested scope) within a scope will be unique."

May I ask the editors to update the spec with the issues list language?  It seems much clearer to me in a way that isn't obvious otherwise.

Dieter Koenig1 wrote:
Issue 162 - Unique Activity Names for Compensate

Proposal: Add text to section 13.3.3 "Invoking a Compensation Handler" to
clarify that activity names used in a compensate activity must be unique
within the scope.

Rationale: Currently, there is no constraint on activity names, i.e. the
activity name (standard attribute) does not have to be unique. As a result,
a compensate activity may become ambigous:
    scope
        compensationHandler
            compensate "A" <-- don't know which one
        scope name="A" <-- first enclosed scope
        scope name="A" <-- second enclosed scope

Kind Regards
DK