Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Action Items for undefined behavior

My recollection was that 144 was deferred until after the restructure and at that time when we revisited it, no one had any instances of undefined behavior to correct.  So we closed it with the provision that we'd open new issues when instances were uncovered.  If we'd had a list of instances then, I would have suggested that we close 144 with the specific changes related to those (and we might still have said that if any more were found in the future we'd open issues to  correct them also).

Its not clear to me that each instance necessarily needs a separate issue though, and it may even be appropriate for some to go directly to the action item list if they are simple enough.  The spec editing team discussed this possibility - however, for this set, there was a question about the first instance and therefore it seemed better to get it posted to the full TC with an issue number so we could track any discussion.  So, I think we're in line with the thinking when we closed 144 - these are three specific instances that have been identified.  I didn't suggest opening three issues as it didn't seem like it would be overly complicated to keep track of them in one issue - however, if the TC thinks 3 separate issues would be better, we could go that route.

It might also be good if these become a point issue (or issues) on 144 to make the connection explicit.  That also stream lines the opening process.

Whichever way we go,  thanks to Mark for his review that caught these cases.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

Monica J Martin <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>

03/08/2006 02:12 PM

Mark Ford <mark.ford@active-endpoints.com>
cc
"'Danny van der Rijn'" <dannyv@tibco.com>, "'wsbpeltc'" <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [wsbpel] Action Items for undefined behavior

> ford: Diane suggested I post this to the mailing list but after the
> spec editing team call it was decided to open an issue to track all of
> the undefined behavior in a single issue so as to give people enough
> time to review and comment.

mm1: We just closed Issue #144 because the TC decided not to track all
undefined behaviors in a combined issue, but handle them on a case by
case basis as individual issues. Are we revisiting that decision? [1]

Reference:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200602/msg00108.html