Subject: wsbpel 3/31/2006: propertyAlias and Return of Multiple Nodes

In the F2F when we discussed query and expressions, we touched on the
application of the XPATH in the propertyAlias to the variable value and
what happens if this results in a response that contains anything other
than exactly one information item and/or a collection of CII, i.e. a
bpel:selectionFailure fault MUST be thrown in the context of <copy>
operation.  I believe the text was rewritten in Section 8 although at
the time we suggested deletion.  Part of the reason for the rewording or
deletion was because: In queries, is it acceptable to return multiple
nodes with this function and the selections are filtered in the
expression and end up with one node.

I don't see that we have specifically provide such a hint later in
Section 8.2.6 as suggested. Is there still a need to do so? (Note: The
text provided are brief notes, not proposed specification language if
appropriate). Thanks.