Subject: RE: [wsbpel] wspbel 4/4/2006: SOAP Binding References in Section 10.3 and 10.4

Even tough we all agree that protocol bindings are outside of the scope
of BPEL, the SOAP binding is special in that it is the only choice for
BP-conformant bindings. Therefore, providing additional details on this
particular binding is quite appropriate IMO.

Rather than trimming the existing references, we should take the
opportunity to include another implementer's note describing the SOAP
binding's ability to select only the relevant parts of a message.

Implementer's note: The soapbind:header and soapbind:body elements allow
for specifying the actual placement of WSDL message parts within a SOAP
envelope. Whereas this feature makes it possible to leave one or more
WSDL parts out of the SOAP envelope, outbound messages produced by a
BPEL runtime still MUST contain all the parts defined by the WSDL
message. The reason behind this restriction is preserving the
binding-agnostic nature of a BPEL process.

These notes do not seem to hurt; they provide insight to the enlightened
reader and may be safely skipped by the casual reader.

Finally, at this point we probably do not want to invest time scanning
the specification for spots to insert new notes into. I propose we keep
the existing note and reference, add the new note above and introduce
new notes only when the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks

-Alejandro

Invoking