Subject: Fw: Agenda for April 12

The next call of the WS BPEL TC will be Wed  April 12 at 8 am Pacific.  Dial in info is: USA & Canada Toll Free Number: +1 866 500 6738, Pass code: 600345, All Others (toll): +1 203 480 8000, Pass code: 600345.  We will use an irc chat at:http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wsbpel.  Breeze will be used for realtime editing.  Join the meeting at: http://adobe.breezecentral.com/bpel/

Summary of April 10 meeting:
- completed walk through of chapter 9.  Updated version of the chapter 9 review document and full spec with updates to chapters 1-8 have been posted to the TC web site by Dieter.
- chapter 10 is not quite ready for full TC review - review will go faster if the subteam is able to resolve their comments on this chapter before the full TC review.  A call is planned for Tues with the objective of getting 10 "close enough"
- we expect the remaining chapters (11, 12, ... ) to be ready sooner now that we've gotten the process going.
- we will continue to work through the chapters with the objective of completing a full update prior to the May 1-5 f2f during which we will do a final walkthrough (which should be greatly expedited by these efforts now) and review the draft for approval as public review candidate.
Once chapter 9 was completed, we started work on issues:
- issue 261:  opened and resolved according to the submitters proposal as described in the issue list.
- issue 250: resolved with the proposal sent to the list by Rania today.
- issue 259:  opened and resolved to replace "countCompletedBranchesOnly" with "successfulBranchesOnly"
Update on May 1-5 F2F:  We are planning to meet from Monday 9 am through Fri 1pm.  Charlton contacted me after the call.  He sends apologies for not making the call today due to extenuating personal circumstances.  He confirmed that the May 1-5 F2F will be hosted by Adobe in San Jose.  He will provide more info on the location, hotels, etc soon, but suggested I point out that the San Francisco airport should be considered along with San Jose for flights as travel plans are being made since it is not very far away.

Proposed agenda for April 12:
- Nomination/volunteers to take minutes for this call
- Roll call/determine quorum
- Review/accept minutes from  previous meeting(s) as available

- Review agenda
- Update on May F2F meeting
- Issue discussion:
Proposed issue resolutions:  252, 255
Issues to open:  260
Other open issues:  247, 249, 256
- Specification editing: we will start review of chapter 10.  Please start to look over the preliminary version available on the TC web site at:   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/document.php?document_id=17593.  A later version may be posted to the website tomorrow after the subteam's call - please watch for it.

A note on the process:  as we did at the f2f and the previous editing calls, we will use roberts rules for editing.  Here is reminder of how we're proceeding:
-  We will step through the chapter by paragraph requesting comments or suggestions (using the line numbers as in the document on the TC web site).  We will not take time to read all the text.  Please review the chapter before the call and be ready to identify any proposed changes.
-  Any suggested changes will be decided by voting:  a proposal must be made and must be seconded.  If it is not, we will take that as an indication there is no interest in discussing that portion of the text and move on.  If seconded, I will make a quick call for any objections - if there are none, we will make the change and move on.  If there are objections (or questions, etc), we will discuss and attempt to either move to a vote rapidly or if necessary open an issue.  Proposals may be amended in the discussion process.
-  Issues will be opened for all normative changes.  We will take action and close those that we can resolve on the call (via the voting process described above).  Any that require further deliberation will be deferred to our usual issue process.
-  Action items will be opened for mechanical changes that the TC agrees with but which require more than a quick edit (eg, future or previous chapters are also effected).
This may sound process heavy, but it will cause us to focus on merits of specific changes and reach rapid decisions to keep the editing going.  I will ask for a volunteer to be the issue/action item scribe for the call.

These calls are official TC calls and will count toward attendance requirements.  If you are unable to attend, you may want to request a leave of absence.

Due to an operator error some members are temporarily unable to access our email and web site.  This should be corrected soon.  If you are experiencing these problems and want to post to the list, let me know and I will forward your email.  I will also forward mail to those who are not receiving it until it is fixed.

Regards,
John Evdemon and Diane Jordan
WS-BPEL TC Co-chairs