Subject: Issue - 263 - proposal for vote

Hi all,

(resend to fix the some mistakes and subject line)

We had a discussion on the TC call today to discuss the proposal for this newly opened issue.
It was based on the first proposal that I mentioned to the email list. Then, a few friendly amendments were made from Danny, Chris and Dieter.

The bullets above describe the initialization constraint applied to correlationSet. If multiple correlationSet's are used in a message activity then the above consistency (outbound only) and initialization (inbound and outbound) constraints MUST be observed for all correlationSet's used. If any one of the correlationSet's does not follow the constraints above, the standard fault bpel:correlationViolation MUST be thrown.

When the correlationSet's are used in an inbound message activity (IMA) (e.g. <receive>), a message MUST match all correlationSet's for that message to be delivered to the activity in the given process instance. Since the message is not delivered to the IMA when it mismatches  an initiated correlationSet (with initiate="no" or "join"), the related consistency constraint checking is not applicable.

Further questions are: do we need to further clarify what "inbound" and "outbound' message activities mean in the first paragraph?

From my viewpoint, "inbound" means IMA - i.e.,"receive", "onMessage" and "onEvent". On the other hand, "outbound" means other message activities ("invoke" and "reply"). If this is the definition applicable to the first paragraph, that will be consistent with the rest of spec. That means, we may not want to repeat the same definition here.