Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 295

I really have no strong feelings regarding this. Of course there's no harm
to generate it, but I think it's bad practice to generate multiple errors
for the same problem when it's not really necesarry.

       Thomas

             Danny van der
             Rijn
             <dannyv@tibco.com                                          To
             >                         Thomas Schulze/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
                                                                        cc
             07.06.2006 19:52          Alex Yiu <alex.yiu@oracle.com>,
                                       Mark Ford
                                       <mark.ford@active-endpoints.com>,
                                       wsbpeltc
                                       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 295

1) There's no harm in generating the error.  It would be the same, for
instance, if someone used a ':' in a variable reference
2) It serves as documentation that it's a variable reference

Thomas Schulze wrote:

      Hi Danny,

      IMO this limitation is for the declarations only. If all declarations
      are
      ok, a reference, if it is valid, can't reference a variable name with
      a '.'
      in it. Static analysis have to check anyway if a referenced variable
      name
      is declared in a parent scope, and will flag this reference as an
      error, if
      it's not. So why schould the schema generate an additional error for
      that
      invalid reference?

      Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

             Thomas Schulze

                   Danny van der

                   Rijn

                   <dannyv@tibco.com
                   >                         Mark Ford

      <mark.ford@active-endpoints.com>
                   07.06.2006 01:14
      cc
                                             wsbpeltc

                                             <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>,
      Alex
                                             Yiu <alex.yiu@oracle.com>,
      Thomas
                                             Schulze/Germany/IBM@IBMDE

      Subject
                                             Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 295

      I can't see why we *wouldn't* want to use the new type in references.

      Mark Ford wrote:

            Resending Thomas's email with the issue # in the subject.

            I believe that Thomas has identified all of the issues where
      this
            applies:
            - <variable name="...">
            - <forEach counterName="...">
            - <onEvent variable="...">
            - <onEvent>'s <fromPart toVariable="...">
            - <catch faultVariable="...">

            Would we want to update all of pseudo schema examples to use
      the new
            type name or leave them as NCName?

            As for the question about defining a variable's type in
      <fromPart>'s
            implicit var declaration, I believe we state that the type
      comes from
            the message part's type declaration.