Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 296 - Make propertyAlias query element qualified inexamples

Hi Mark,

this paragraph from section 8.2.4:

"It is also worth emphasizing that XPath 1.0 explicitly requires that any
element or attribute used in an XPath expression that does not have a
namespace prefix must be treated as being namespace unqualified. That is,
even if there is a default namespace defined on the enclosing element, the
default namespace will not be applied."

Does this mean: Even if in the schema for this p:po declaration the
elementFormDefault is set to "unqualified", the element in the example
XPath query must be qualified because it's not defined in the 'null' tns?

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

       Thomas Schulze

             "Mark Ford"
             <mark.ford@active
             -endpoints.com>                                            To
                                       Thomas Schulze/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
             06.06.2006 19:09          <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 296 - Make
                                       propertyAlias query element
                                       qualified in examples

Here are both examples from Section 8.2.6:

<propertyAlias propertyName="p:price"
               messageType="my:POMsg" part="poPart">
    <query>price</query>
</propertyAlias>

<propertyAlias propertyName="p:goldCustomerPrice"
      messageType="my:POMsg" part="poPart">
    <query>(/p:po/price * 0.9)</query>
</propertyAlias>

We don't provide a definition for the message or its part but the data may
look like this:

  <price>100</price>

Of course, <price> could be qualified depending on the schema but in this
case I think it's best to leave it unqualified so as not to confuse the
reader with the price element and the price property.