Subject: New Issue - Remove query language in favor of expression language for <to>

In the BPEL 1.1 spec queries had a context. The context for the query was either provided by the propertyAlias or a copy operation component (<from> or <to>). The differences between expressions and queries in 1.1 was clear – queries had a context and expressions did not.

This has changed in the WS-BPEL 2.0 spec. Queries still have a context when used as part of propertyAlias but not as part of a copy operation component. Other than the separate configuration of a query language there is no discernable difference between queries and expressions in a WS-BPEL 2.0 process so why have both?

The proposal includes the following changes:

1)    remove queryLanguage from <process>

2)    replace queryLanguage in <to> with expressionLanguage

The propertyAlias will retain its queryLanguage since it provides a context for the query to execute.

Sorry for the arrival of this on the last day to present new issues, but this change has been bothering me and I think we need to review it.

- Chris