Subject: Re: [wsbpel] blockDefault discussion

As Alex points out here the TC needs to decide if an extension is allowed
to substitute elements from the BPEL namespaces with extension elements.
The spec currently does not forbid it explicitly but we think the TC needs
to discuss if silence in this case means this kind of extension is allowed
or it is not allowed. If it is not allowed, all schemas should reflect that
by containing the attribute blockDefault="#all" on the schema element.

My preference is that we don't allow this extension mechanism, means we add
to all schemas the attribute blockDefault="#all". If we don't add it, the
following example shows how the BPEL 2.0 language is allowed to be extended
beside the explicitly modeled and in the spec clearly described extension
points:

Schema for the extension:
   schema tns = myTNS

   <element name="myEmpty" type="myTNS:tMyEmpty"
   substitutionGroup="bpel:empty"/>
   <complexType name="tMyEmpty">
      <complexContent>
            <restriction base="bpel:tEmpty"/>
      </complexContent>
   </complexType>

Possible, BPEL snippet:
   <bpel:scope>
      <myTNS:myEmpty/>
   </bpel:scope>

IMHO this is not a desired kind of extension mechanism.

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

       Thomas Schulze

             alex.yiu@oracle.c
             om
             08.08.2006 22:32          wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsbpel] blockDefault discussion

Mr Alex Yiu added the following comment to the
ws-bpel_2.0_schema_2006_08_08_1400PDT.zip document in the OASIS Web
Services Business Process Execution Language (WSBPEL) TC Group.

One left over discussion issue is: whether to apply blockDefault="#all" in
the schema.

View Document Details and Comments:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/document.php?document_id=19622

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/download.php/19622/ws-bpel_2.0_schema_2006_08_08_1400PDT.zip

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

- Administration