Subject: Webinar and PR update/plan

Interested parties stayed on after the Jan 10 TC call to discuss BPEL webinar and other PR possibilities.  Attendees were Dieter, Danny Alex, Mark, Frank, Ivana.   To refresh everyone's memories, here are my notes from the pr discussion on the TC call:  best timing for a webinar would be in March to help stimulate the vote for approval as an OASIS standard, technology used is GoToMeeting, presentation and voice are supported (no video), max of 2-3 speakers works best.  Dee needs an abstract to start the process for scheduling and announcing.  Other opportunities for demo's/interop exist (she's sent a note to the list with some specifically).  She described a demo as multiple products demonstrating how they conform to the standard for example, picking a common theme or problem and showing how each vendor's implementation supports it.  At the upcoming OASIS symposium, Charlton will provide a lightening round.  (We got a couple abstracts to the board members on Jan 10, but since we missed the Jan 5 deadline, we did not get a place on the agenda.)  We should also consider setting up a bpel.xml.org web page which would provide static facts about the standard as well as dynamic areas for people to post information, blogs, wiki's and forums.  A press release will be scheduled when the vote for approval comes up.

On the post TC call, we decided to focus mainly on plans for a webinar.  We felt there were two distinct audiences that might be interested and drafted separate outlines for each.  I will check with Dee on whether she'd agree to allowing 2 BPEL webinars.  On the call Jan 17, we will finalize our thinking on these abstracts and get them out for review on the Jan 24 TC call.  If all goes well, we should have abstracts to Dee after that meeting.  We'll also need to decide who will present what parts of each webinar.

The two outlines are:
  1. What is BPEL for an audience of developers, architects, etc:  (Dieter offered his existing presentation which was given at a European OASIS event last fall as a starting point for this webinar).