Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Groups - BPEL Primer work?

Hi all,

yes, this is the last version of the primer Dieter and me checked in mid
february. Along with this, we sent out a note to the primer group

 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel-primer/email/archives/200702/msg00000.html

So far, we didn't get any responses - what we tried to point out back then
was that we believe that other chapters still need some work.
In other words, this means (repeating from the previous mail):

 - All Editors: chapters 1-3, 8, and appendix A do not yet appear to be
ready for a TC review.
 - Charlton: chapter 7 has a number of places where concepts or even
definitions of WS-BPEL constructs are introduced. We believe that concepts
should be explained in chapters 4-6, and Simon and I are committed to
fixing holes there as they are discovered in the TC review. Instead, we
think that chapter 7 should focus more on applying these concepts to the
concrete business scenario.

Any comments ?

Cheers,
Simon + Dieter

 Simon Moser, M.Eng.            Mail:          IBM Deutschland
                                smoser@de.ibm  Entwicklung GmbH
 Team Lead BPEL Editor /        .com           Vorsitzender des
 Websphere Integration          Phone:         Aufsichtsrats: Johann
 Developer                      +49-7031-16-4  Weihen
 Dept. 4722, Bldg. 71032-01,    304            Geschäftsführung: Herbert
 Room 086                       Fax:           Kircher
 Websphere Solutions and        +49-7031-16-4  Sitz der Gesellschaft:
 Services                       890            Böblingen
 IBM Deutschland Entwicklung                   Registergericht:
 GmbH                                          Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
 Schönaicherstr. 220, D –                      243294
 71032 Boeblingen

             John Evdemon
             <John.Evdemon@mic
             rosoft.com>                                                To
                                       Alex Yiu <alex.yiu@oracle.com>,
             03/07/2007 10:12          Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
             PM                        Simon D Moser/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
                                                                        cc
                                       "charlton_b@mac.com"
                                       <charlton_b@mac.com>,
                                       "khandero.kand@oracle.com"
                                       <khandero.kand@oracle.com>, "Mehta,
                                       Vinkesh (US - Austin)"
                                       <vmehta@DELOITTE.com>,
                                       "drj@us.ibm.com" <drj@us.ibm.com>,
                                       "wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org"
                                       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsbpel] Groups - BPEL  Primer
                                       work?

The primer is still in a draft state.  Attached is what I believe to be the
latest version (revision 1.6).   Simon/Dieter, please correct me if I'm
wrong on this.

John

[attachment "wsbpel-primer-draft.doc" deleted by Simon D Moser/Germany/IBM]