Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Agenda for April 18 call?

Hi Diane, the BPEL workshop at the OASIS Symposium is at the same time as
the call - so I cannot call in. The review of the Primer is ongoing - I
would also like to encourage everyone in the TC to send comments and
suggestions.

... and of course congratulations to the whole TC from my side as well, in
particular a special thanks to you as a chair for making sure it did not
take 8 years to finish it :-)

Kind Regards
DK

 Dieter König                          Mail: dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com         IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH

 Senior Technical Staff Member         Tel (office): (+49) 7031-16-3426      Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
                                                                             Johann Weihen

 Architect, Business Process           Fax (office): (+49) 7031-16-4890      Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
 Choreographer

 Member, Technical Expert Council      Tel (home office): (+49) 7032-201464  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen

                                       Schönaicher Strasse 220, 71032        Registergericht: Amtsgericht
                                       Böblingen, Germany                    Stuttgart, HRB 243294

             Diane Jordan
             <drj@us.ibm.com>
             17.04.2007 00:52          wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsbpel] Agenda for April 18 call?

Hi,
In addition to mutual congratulations on the approval of WS BPEL 2.0 as an
OASIS standard, I'd suggested that we would discuss any comments on the
primer for this week's call.  I've not seen any email comments though.  I
know many members are busy with the OASIS Symposium this week but we need
to remember that we need to finish this by May 14.

Please weigh in on whether we should postpone the call to next week, April
25.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 04/16/2007 06:49 PM -----

 Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM

 04/12/2007 09:23 AM                                                    To
                                                bpel tc
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                                Primer draft available for
                                                review

The team working on the primer has decided that its ready for review.
There is a clean copy posted here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/download.php/23470/wsbpel-primer-draft_April_11.doc

and one with the latest set of changes marked here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/download.php/23471/wsbpel-primer-draft_April_11_diff.doc

The following are known work items that are in process of being addressed:

      Chapter 7 may contain too much information about the constructs
      rather than the application.  An attempt was been made to cut out as
      much descriptive material as seemed appropriate.  Alex and Charlton
      will review together and see if more can be done.
      Also in chapter 7, should the entire process be discussed.  Charlton
      will work on this while the initial review is going on.
      Chapter 3 should be moved to become section 7.1.
      Section 7.1.2.4 is not completed yet
      Section 6.2.3 (Abstract process profile for templates) should have a
      sentence added saying there's an example in the spec.
      We need to verify that no internal cross references are broken by the
      changes in sections.

Please provide your comments by email.  We'll plan to discuss any comments
on the TC call next Wed, April 18.

You will also be getting an FAQ document John is preparing for review by
the TC.  This is separate from the primer.