Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Updated FAQ

Monica Martin wrote:
> It could cause confusion to explicitly talk about the BPMN-BPEL
> mapping in current BPMN because it is incomplete. In that group, it
> has even been discussed to delete it because of the gaps/issues that
> exist. I'd suggest we steer clear of this mention unless we wish to
> indicate that BPMN seeks to model business processes such as, at some
> level, those expressed using BPEL. Note, it is BPEL4WS not WS-BPEL (1.1 not 2.0).
>
> All in all, equally potentially confusing (is that a sentence?). If
> you retain b., suggest you say that it is possible to represent. There
> is currently no mapping defined for WS-BPEL 2.0 in BPMN. Thanks.

The current version of the FAQ reads as follows:
  4.    What is the relationship between BPMN and WS-BPEL2.0?
  a.    There is no direct relationship between BPMN and WS-BPEL 2.0.
      WS-BPEL is a standard from OASIS and the BPMN specification is
      currently an OMG standard for visual representation of Business
      processes.

Regardless of the gaps many people still want to generate BPEL from BPMN.