Subject: Role of IETF Distributed Management (disman) work

Hello,

Just thought I would add to the discussion of standards groups.  The
IETF Disman WG is not hugely active, and these two drafts, at least,
seem pretty stable.  These new versions that just came out fix mostly
typographical/editorial items.

And if you go to the http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ site, you will
see many other Disman drafts.

Any input from people participating would be helpful.

Thanks.

---------------------

directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Management Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title		: Alarm Reporting Control MIB
	Author(s)	: K. Lam, A. Huynh, D. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-disman-conditionmib-08.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2003-4-17

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
In particular, it defines objects for controlling the reporting of
alarm conditions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-conditionmib-08.txt

---------------------

directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Management Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title		: Alarm MIB
	Author(s)	: S. Chisholm, D. Romascanu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-11.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 2003-4-17

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes management objects used for defining
and storing alarms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-11.txt

--

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:      jdecarlo@mitre.org