Subject: Java Community Process

Hello,

I was discussing the WSDM TC work with a colleague programming Web
Services in a J2EE environment.  He asked me what the relationship
between the Java Community Process work and the WSDM TC.  So I went to
jcp.org to check it out.

One JSR that leaped out at me was number 077, J2EE Management.  Here is
the description from jcp.org:

"The Specification proposes a standard management model for exposing and
accessing the management information, operations, and parameters of the
Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition components. The management model will:

     * Allow rapid development of management solutions for J2EE
     * Provide integration with existing management systems
     * Enable a single management tool to manage multiple vendor
implementations of the platform
     * Enable a specific implementation of a platform to use any
compliant management tool"

There is a Reference Implementation available via the Sun web site.

The Sun description has this primarily as a Management Information
Model, with mappings back to CIM, SNMP MIB, and MEJB.

This leads me to think there is no specific overlap, but perhaps someone
here who knows more about this can explain it further.

Thanks.

--

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:      jdecarlo@mitre.org