Subject: RE: [wsdm] Java Community Process

Hi,

I know there are more J2EE knowledgeable folks in this TC. Still, here is my
impression of JSR-77:

JSR-77 defines the management model for a J2EE platform, identifying a bunch
of "manageable resources" (or "managed objects"), attributes, operations,
event notifications, performance metrics and relationships and defines an
EJB based API (MEJB) to access the model. It also has mapping of the model
to MIB and CIM/WBEM but their support is optional.

So, I agree with John's comment that there is no specific overlap with
JSR-77 and our work.

What could be the relationship of our work with JSR-77? Here is what I
think:

1. Based on our work and inclusion of Web Services components in J2EE
platform, future revisions of JSR-77 could include the model elements and
performance metrics that we specify in WSDM specification.

2. A future revision of JSR-77 could include mapping of their model to MUWSA
so that a J2EE platform can be managed using a WSDM compliant manager.
(Note: This also leads to an important requirement for MUWSA).

Best Regards,

Pankaj Kumar
Architect, Web Services Management Organization
HP OpenView Business Unit
Hewlett-Packard Co.