Subject: RE: Groups - oasis - New ballot "July WSDM F2F Dates - Boston"

Just a comment

A noon start and end doesn't make much sense on the East coast.  The
majority will have to fly East and thus lose time as we go.  As such, almost
everyone will have to fly the day before.  Other than to avoid jetlag,
starting late is no advantage.  Given the time change for the return as
well, many flights are available late in the day.

As such, I would suggest that we start at 9 on day 1 and end at 3 on day 2.
For the majority, this will cut out a full day with travel time.  (Using the
existing ballot, you could interpret the first of 3 days as the travel day,
the 2nd as day 1 and the 3rd as the final day so we don't need to revote.)

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 9:11 PM
To: Richard_Nikula@bmc.com

Web Services Distributed Management TC member,

A new ballot has been presented to Web Services Distributed Management TC.
To vote on this ballot, go here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/ballot.php?id=99

Please DO NOT REPLY to this email; instead, vote using the above link.

The text of this ballot is as follows:
---
"July WSDM F2F Dates - Boston"
Please vote on which dates you WOULD be able to attend a Face to Face
meeting in Boston. Assume a noon start and end.

- July 16-18
- July 28-30
- Aug 4-6
- Available all of these dates