Subject: RE: [wsdm] MEP Edits from todays Conference Call

When using http with SOAP one-way messages, the HTTP 200 OK response
serves as an a "I received it" notification.  If the sender gets HTTP
200 OK, the sender can assume that the message was correctly received.
Otherwise (if a different outcome than 200 OK), the sender needs to
resend it (unless it's a persistent failure).  This behavior gives you a
guarantee of at-least-once delivery.

My question about [FR003.3] (Must support guaranteed notifications) is
whether the intent is guarantee of once-only delivery or at-least once
delivery?

To support once-only delivery semantics, we would need to require
something like WS-ReliableMessaging (rather than trying to layer our own
once-only semantics on top of standard at-least-once delivery).

Cheers.

--
Daniel M. Foody
CTO, Actional Corporation