Subject: Issues for todays agenda

Hi,
I just wanted to give an update on todays agenda and some issues we'd like
to discuss:

1. F2F logistics 10 min
2. Common Base Event submission from IBM, supported by CA and
TalkingBlocks.
      Submission posted
      Licensing
      Move to accept and vote
.3. WSMF OGSI Refactoring progress report - 30 min
      ISSUE for the TC:

There have been requirements that we support WS-I and OGSI with our work in
WSDM. We need to discuss and decide from one of the following options
(pardon my extreme simplification of a complex issue)
      a. Support WSDL 1.1 only (do not define an OGSI based solution)
      b. Support GWSDL only  (only define an OGSI based solution)
      c. Support WSDL 1.1 and GWSDL where we only define GWSDL renderings
and the  WSDL 1.1. renderings are generated from the GWSDL.
      d. Support WSDL 1.1 and GWSDL where appropriate interfaces are
created for each, but WSDL 1.1 is not created from GWSDL.

There are a few questions that go with these:
      a. Is it important to have consistent management operations between
WSDL and GWSDL?
      b. Are we at liberty to 'borrow' interfaces from OGSI and create WSDL
1.1 interfaces for them so that we can leverage some common technologies.
Including but not limited to:
            - Service Data
            - Service Group

4. MUWS requirements progress report and review - 30 min
      Mark has sent the latest version to the wsdm mailing list.

5. Bubble sorting  - 50 min
Here is an updated set of charts.  The first two charts are the
specifications of technology we agree we need. This does not mean that we
have agreed on what technology is available. On the charts it indicates
where specificatoins for this technology is CURRENTLY available or being
developed.

The third chart shows the differences that we still need to sort out.
Today we will discuss the meanings behind these 'bubbles' to see if we can
find some common threads or ways to express
If we have time we may begin the Meta-model discussion - understanding and
agreeing on interface group categories

I'm trying to post minutes/charts to the web site but it seems to be
another wormy day.

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572