Subject: Re: [wsdm] [Omod] prettied up UML sample

Thus quoth Sedukhin, Igor S (~ 28-Oct-03 1:50 PM ~)...

> ACTION: Igor to research how to pretty-up the presented UML diagram to
> be UML 2.0 compliant with respect to readonly modifier and research how
> to hide +/- if they are not used in the diagram.

Not being one to let my ignorance get in the way ;-), since we're going
so far as to use "rw", "ro",  etc., might it not be better to use {}
instead of << and >> ?  I suppose they could be stereotypes uber
everything, but it seemed like a constraint on the function would be
equally appropriate.  Not sure I have a strong opinion here, especially
since I'm not a UML expert, but it's worth considering.

Also, if it's not a stereotype, should it move to the end?

Thus,
     <<rw>> SampleOptionalProperty[0..1]: xsd:dateTime
becomes
     SampleOptionalProperty[0..1]: xsd:dateTime {rw}

 From an "information priority" point of view, I tend to think that the
"event"-ness is much more important than the mutability of a property.
That is, first I'd sort things [mentally] into events vs. properties,
then, within properties, by type and/or optionality, and finally by
mutability... until I know what it is, I don't much care if I can change
it...

(If you send me the .vsd file, I'd be happy to tweak it to "get the full
effect".  Once I see it, I might even disagree with myself :-/ )

Just one opinion...