Subject: Action Items from F2F

Hi Folks,
Here is a review of the action items we had from the F2F plus the action items for the new Manageability Building Blocks Team for the March Specification deliverable.

MMB - Manageability Building Blocks Team, coordinated by Ellen Stokes

Action Items
MUWS:
Architecture:
UArch Team
- fix diagrams - Igor
- unify logical models and roles – Igor/Homayun
- information model - William
- delegation model - William
- processing model – buckets - Igor

Platform:
UPlat Team
We assigned champions to propose solution and rearranged prioritization

Open Solutions Required
- Attributes – Heather
resource attributes – to MBB? Grid cooperation?
- Metadata – Grid cooperation? - Homayun
- Addressing – Heather
- Notification – Igor
interim solution?
- Security – high, John DeCarlo (Hal, Fred help)

Manageability Building Blocks Responsibility
- Identity of Resource – to MBB
- Versioning – Brian Carroll
spec version – WSDM
resource version – to MBB
service versioning – Platform? MOWS?
- Relationships – to MBB
- Collection – high, to MBB
- State Model – of resources, to MBB

Closed Solutions Provided
- Identity of Endpoint – solution from WSDL
- Registration/Discovery – no addt’l reqts
if we need a resource registry it will be
management specific

Wait for Market Development
- Policy – med, wait for market development
- Transactions – med, wait for market development
- Lifecycle Model – med, of resource instances,
wait for market development
- Name Resolution – med
if we need a resource name to reference resolution
we will do it management specific

MOWS:

- Proposals on manageability endpoint managing one wsdl:endpoint (Igor)
vs managing multiple wsdl:endpoint (William) (Done)
- Clarify Versioning requirements (Igor, Brian, Mike Perks)
- Fix Versioning UMLs (Igor, Brian, Mike Perks)

MMB: specifications for:
(No update capability)
(Possibly Notifications)

Identification - agreed on properties during 12/18 call, needs write up
Resource State - start 01/08/04
Metrics -

I've marked some of these as (done)

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572