Subject: RE: [wsdm] [muws] comments on MUWS spec

4.3.3. Really, why did it become TimeMetric?? In the schema appendix it says [<xs:element name="CurrentTime" type="xs:dateTime"/>].... Is this some recent change??

4.2.2 Representing states as Qnames would require one to have a schema that describes the Qnames. I'm not sure what such schema would mean. It would also require quite non standard schema interpretation and inclusion of the schema in messages (e.g. to retrieve StateModel).

This is an interesting idea, but we have to craft the solution properly. The only value from this could be in applying Xpath expressions to state when subscribing for notifications, but that cannot be done with type derivation approach. Schema has to declare the hierarchy. This is actually more easily implementable approach when working with XML Schema processors.

In othere words we would have

<xs:element name="TransportUnavailable">
	<xs:complexType>
		<xs:sequence>
			<xs:element ref="muws:Unavailable"/>
		</xs:sequence>
	</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

Now, I can easily interrogate the return value of CurrentResourceState as

Element el = response.getElementByName("Unavailable")

I can also use this as a subscription "topic" expressions such as

//TransportUnavailable

//*/Unavailable

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)