Subject: RE: [wsdm] MUWS Composability

I'm fine with the text, but I would like to keep the section on Composability separate. It is a significant feature of the WSDM specification, IMO. The context section is rather abstract and its last paragraph may never be noticed by anyone. Separate section makes this concern adequately visible.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Heather Kreger [mailto:kreger@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 11:44 AM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] MUWS Composability

Hi,
Per my action item to capture composability for MUWS only:
I suggest that we replace MUWS section 2.2: Composability with this paragraph at the end of the Conceptual Architecture section:

MUWS specification allows the resource and its service to be manageable in a standard and interoperable manner by defining manageability capabilities and interfaces of a resource. A resource may support both the manageability capabilities and functional capabilities. In which case, it may chose to allow managers access to appropriate functional capabilities along with the manageability capabilities. Managers could discover such composition by inspecting the service description. Managers could take advantage of the composition of manageability by, for example, querying free disk space using disk manageability capability and along with that reading sectors from the disk service. This makes it easy for implementers of the resource services to offer proper set of manageability capabilities.

I also propose that the enire section that was MUWS 2.2 Composability be moved to MOWS section 2 as its own section after relationship to MUWS.

Let the flaming begin.
Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572