Subject: Comments on the MUWS and MOWS Drafts

Title: Message
In reading the two specs one right after the other, I was struck by what appears a disconnect wrt "state".  In MUWS, state is broadly defined as available, unavailable, degraded - and this is referenced in MOWS.  But, at the end of the MOWS document, an appendix discusses endpoint lifecycle as defined by WSA and describes different "states".  We should formally map the Endpoint Lifecycle in the MOWS document to the 3 states of MUWS, and this should be done in Section 3.4 on "State".  I would propose the following mapping:

   busy, idle (substates of up) = available
   stopped, crashed (substates of down) = unavailable
   saturated (another substate of down) = degraded

Also, I noticed lots of grammar issues with the documents.  Will a tech writer be cleaning these up?  If not, I would offer to do that for the group.

Another minor comment is that the MUWS document should reference the work of the DMTF Applications/Metrics WG in the Metrics section - since the ideas are built on the CIM work in this space.

Lastly, I know that I still need to deliver a terminology draft - but needed these specs to be close to finished to get a good list of words.  I should have that document out early next week (my apologies for being late on this, but my day job got in the way :-).

Andrea