Subject: Re: [wsdm] WSRF requirements for discovery

Hello,

Here is my take on this, to be shredded as needed.

Use Case:  Discover the WSDL to be used to manage one or more resources
(don't have any EPRs as yet).  However, to manage one specific resource,
the EPR for that resource is needed.

Options to solve the problem:

A) Singleton Pattern Case. In the simple case of a singleton pattern
(exactly one resource being managed), there is a convention for
constructing a default EPR with null Resource Properties.  This will
allow the Consumer to go directly to manage the resource.

B) Ask the Manageability Provider Case.  Because the resources behind
each of the Manageability Provider's Manageability Endpoint may be
changing dynamically (e.g., running processes), WSDM defines a
"GetListofResourceEPRs" operation that returns a list of all the resources.

C) Ask the Registry Case.  If all the EPRs for the managed resources are
in a Registry, the Manageability Consumer should go there to search as
needed, such as share the same manageability endpoint or the same WSDL.