Subject: RE: [wsrf] Issue: Finding WSDL from an EPR

David,

In addition to requiring service name and port in an EPR, I believe the WSDM requirement is to have a normative (but optional :) place in the EPR for a URL to a WSDL document. That is 1) part of the requirement.

Issue WSRF13 is only covering part 2) of the WSDM requirmenent.

Now, apparently, 1) could be solved by other means as well e.g. sending a GetWSDL request message (TBD) to an address provided by the EPR. Still, a place in an EPR for a WSDM URL would not hurt.

Before WSDM TC starts to look for other solutions, it would be reasonable for WSRF TC to look at this part of an issue.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: David Snelling [mailto:d.snelling@fle.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 3:32 AM
To: wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrf] Issue: Finding WSDL from an EPR

Folks,

This issue has been passed to us from the WSDM-TC.

> [Disc01]
> This is the issue of finding a WSDL from an EPR. I didn't hear any
> disagreement on the wording that we came up with for the corresponding
> requirement during the conf call last week. This requirement (to be
> passed to WSRF) reads in three parts:
>
> 1) Any EPR used to reference a WS-Resource must provide sufficient
> information for the consumer to  retrieve the WSDL description of the
> WS-Resource.
>
> 2) The EPR must contain enough information to disambiguate which port
> and/or service to use.
>
> 3) The WSDL component model of the WS-Resource must be complete (must
> include, inline or import the  schema of all referenced elements)

It is my understanding that if the answer to Issue WSRF13 (Should we require service and port in the EPR?) is yes, then we have covered this request.

I suggest we link this request to WSRF13, and flag it so that if we decide NO, we notify WSDM that we punted it back to them.

Bryan: Please queue this for the New Issues discussion on Monday week.
Thanks.

--

Take care:

    Dr. David Snelling <d.snelling@fle.fujitsu.com>