Subject: RE: [wsdm] Security Question: MOWS: Managing Secure Web services

Title: Message
This is good start.

Let's get going from Metrics to Audit (what you called notifications). Discuss, define capabilities, get them into the spec.

I would put configuration later on the list as it may need to be coordinated with what SPML and groups like that are doing.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Jeff Bohren [mailto:jbohren@opennetwork.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2004 9:45 PM
To: Heather Kreger; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Similar to the other thread, I would have the following categories:

Configuration:
    Transport level authentication settings
    PKI Info (server cert, trusted CAs, CRLs)
    TLS Configuration
    HTTP restrictions (allowed verbs, etc)
    SOAP specific security settings

Metrics:
    Successful Authentications (total, per time period, etc)
    Failed Authentications
    Successful Authorizations
    Failed Authorizations

Notifications:
    Failed Authentications
    Failed Authorizations

Policies:
    Access control rules

One intersting question to me is whether the transport level security is managed on the same resource as the SOAP security? In other words a SOAP/HTTPS endpoint could have security at the transport level (via HTTPS, Basic Auth, etc) and at the SOAP level (WSS). Is this considered the same WSDM resource, or is there one resource for the HTTPS endpont and one for the SOAP end point?

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

Try the industry's only 100% .NET-enabled identity management software. Download your free copy of Universal IdP Standard Edition today. Go to www.opennetwork.com/eval.