Subject: RE: [wsdm] capabilities proposal

Ok. Still, you'd specify operations input/output and binding to the HTTP transport in the WSDL (components) itself, so it is only natural to specify which interfaces these operations belong to in the WSDL too. I'm not sure you want policy to contain such information, do you?
Besides WSDL 2.0 already has everything needed anyways. It is WSDL 1.1 that we're having troubles with.
-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Mon 6/7/2004 5:49 PM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S
Cc: Heather Kreger; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

That's fine policy can be metadata (some real fine lines are drawn here), I would not like to see WSDM go off and reinvent in the policy/metadata space. IBM's view is that policy can be used to express operational and metadata about operations, WSDL may be just one place to express these there are many other places.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.838.0085 | cell 512.289.4122
Inactive hide details for "Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>"Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>

          "Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>

          06/07/2004 04:10 PM

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Heather Kreger/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

cc

<wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org>

Subject

RE: [wsdm] capabilities proposal

This is operational metadata (just like WSDL is). It may not resemble a policy, which is really metadata about WSDL and what it defines.

The underlying reason may be same as to why not use policy to express what operations and message exchanges are supported. We use WSDL for that.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)
--
(631) 342-4325 .. 1 CA Plaza, Islandia, NY 11788