Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - Applying WS-N to WSDM .doc uploaded

-2- will not conform to WSRF-RP. That spec says normatively what and how topics must be defined for property change notifications. That is why I'm proposing -1- to be normative in WSDM.

The other outstanding issue is how to properly wrap the notification with some common information. For example, in the current example of a property change notification the time the event occurred and the event origin is not known. Even when using Notify. I'm still working on extending the current writeup with this information.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Vambenepe, William N [mailto:vbp@hp.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 12:03 PM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks Igor, nice rightup, very clear and readable.

I agree with pretty much everything. The only question I see for us to answer, is what set of topics do we define. Options are:

-1- when we define a new property in MUWS or MOWS we decide whether or not to create a topic for modification of this property (I think this is your recommendation)

-2- use only one topic, the same for any property modification (and use Selector to narrow down to some properties). But if we do this, how do I know which properties support sending notifications on change?

-3- a mix of -1- and -2-, where both sets of topics are available and people decide whether to register on a property-specific topic or on the general "property change" topic (assuming the manageability representation offers both.

The reason I bring this up is that I am thinking that some managers might just want to stay synched with the resource and get all notifications for all properties. If this is the case, registering on a per-property basis is not very convenient.

Regards,

William

e_workgroup.php.