Subject: RE: [wsdm] One more idea on relationships

(replying to myself)

A variant of this proposal would be to create a <muws:self/> element and
make this element one of the types that can be returned inside a
<participant> element. So we could see something like this:

<relationship>
  <participant role="...">
    <self/>
    <!-- possibly an EPR or other references -->
  </participant>
  <participant role="...">
    <!-- reference(s) to the other participant -->
  </participant>
  <type>...</type>
</relationship>

Doing it this way instead of making "self" an attribute on <participant>
would allow it to be the only reference to the participant.

In human terms, if you ask Joe who he likes, he is unlikely to reply
"Joe likes Jane" but rather "I like Jane". Except if you ask Tarzan,
then he'll say "Tarzan likes Jane". This proposal would allow both Joe
and Tarzan to be happy.

William "me edit MUWS" Vambenepe