Subject: RE: [wsdm] RE: Interop: major areas

Mike,

WS-ResourceLifetime from ResourceFramework may potentially be used in MUWS's
Relationship Access Capability (see
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/document.php?document_id=9
145). It is used in WS-BaseNotification's SubscriptionManager interface to
destroy subscription resources
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.2-draft-03
.pdf), which means it is indirectly used by WSDM in this matter.

Thanks
Zhili Zhang
TIBCO Software Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Clements [mailto:mikec@actional.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 6:31 AM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] RE: Interop: major areas

No response, so I assume the list is OK. Here is another list.

The following are the new areas that have never been interopped:

*	correlatable properties
*	events: CommonBaseEvent
*	notification: WS-Notification with WS-Topics
*	relationships
*	taxonomies: muws-xs:Category
*	capabilities:

The interop needs to be extended to include the above areas. One I'm not
sure of is ResourceFramework. We already use ResourceProperties - is
that all we use from ResourceFramework? Or is there other stuff we're
using? Ws-ServiceGroup maybe?

The following are the areas that have already been interopped:

*	discovery
Given an URL to WSDL describing a manageability endpoint, find the
manageable endpoint
*	Identity
Used as part of discovery: to infer the manageable endpoint from the
manageability endpoint
*	addressing: WS-Addressing (includes EPR)
mows-xs:EndPointReference property must supply values for
wsa:ServiceName and wsa:PortName
*	state: both MUWS (available, unavailable, degraded) and MOWS
(received, processing, complete)
Tested before - basic states; optional extendable state not tested
*	metrics:
tested before - both MUWS and MOWS - muws:CurrentTime and any MOWS
metrics using wsrp:GetMultipleResourceProperties

Those areas of the interop can be left unchanged.

Thanks,

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/members/leave_workgroup.ph
p.