Subject: RE: [wsdm] RE: Interop: major areas

Thanks Mike. This looks good. At this point we haven't decided to use
WS-ServiceGroup so we don't need to include it in the interop. But we
might add it later if we decide to use WS-ServiceGroup in MUWS.

As far as the event format goes, we don't have that in MUWS yet even
though we've talked about it and started working on it. So this too
should be left as a "TO DO" in the interop scenario until we have an
WSDM Event Format defined for MUWS. We know we need this before shipping
MUWS 1.0.

We might also need to modify the way we test interop of the state
capability as we are in the process of changing this capability
(compared to what it was in MUWS 0.5).

Thanks!

William

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Clements [mailto:mikec@actional.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 6:31 AM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] RE: Interop: major areas

No response, so I assume the list is OK. Here is another list.

The following are the new areas that have never been interopped:

*	correlatable properties
*	events: CommonBaseEvent
*	notification: WS-Notification with WS-Topics
*	relationships
*	taxonomies: muws-xs:Category
*	capabilities:

The interop needs to be extended to include the above areas. One I'm not
sure of is ResourceFramework. We already use ResourceProperties - is
that all we use from ResourceFramework? Or is there other stuff we're
using? Ws-ServiceGroup maybe?

The following are the areas that have already been interopped:

*	discovery
Given an URL to WSDL describing a manageability endpoint, find the
manageable endpoint
*	Identity
Used as part of discovery: to infer the manageable endpoint from the
manageability endpoint
*	addressing: WS-Addressing (includes EPR)
mows-xs:EndPointReference property must supply values for
wsa:ServiceName and wsa:PortName
*	state: both MUWS (available, unavailable, degraded) and MOWS
(received, processing, complete)
Tested before - basic states; optional extendable state not tested
*	metrics:
tested before - both MUWS and MOWS - muws:CurrentTime and any MOWS
metrics using wsrp:GetMultipleResourceProperties

Those areas of the interop can be left unchanged.

Thanks,

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/members/leave_workgrou
p.php.