Subject: Re: [wsdm] Dependent WS-* specification versions

We should use the first public, committe approved working draft of these specifications.
Tom, can you provide us a reference to those?

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572

Inactive hide details for zhili@tibco.comzhili@tibco.com

          zhili@tibco.com

          10/26/2004 07:13 PM

wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[wsdm] Dependent WS-* specification versions

Heather and others,

For other WS-* specifications that WSDM depends on, such as WS-ResourceProperties, WS-BaseNotification, WS-Topics, there are multiple versions out there. The most current ones are:

* WS-ResourceProperties 1.2 Working Draft 0.4 (http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/2004/06/wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1.2-draft-04.pdf )

* WS-BaseNotification 1.2 Working Draft 03 (http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.2-draft-03.pdf)

* WS-Topic 1.2 Working Draft 01 (http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/wsn-WS-Topics-1.2-draft-01.pdf)

Since there are about one month left between now and release of WSDM 1.0, the chance of releasing new draft from these TCs are small. Can we make a decision now regarding what versions of these WS-* specifications we will use in WSDM 1.0 (and subsequent Interop) so that people who will implement WSDM 1.0 can have a better planning?

Thanks
Zhili Zhang
TIBCO Software Inc.