Subject: FW: Request to understand WSRF usage from WSDM TC

Hi all,

Here is a request for information from WSRF. Alan is one of the editors of the WSRF app note document and one of the things that this attempts to do is provide some best practices on building on top of WSRF, like we are doing in WSDM. Would anyone volunteer to write up for WSRF what the experience of the WSDM TC has been using WSRF?

Thanks,

William

From: Alan Weissberger [mailto:ajwdct@technologist.com]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 3:40 PM
To: Vambenepe, William N; wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: dirceu@ccrl.sj.nec.com; tatemura@ccrl.sj.nec.com
Subject: Request to understand WSRF usage from WSDM TC

William

As per my AI from Wednesday's WSRM f2f meeting, please review the proposed text for you to send to the WSDM TC as the official WSRM liaison.

As we discussed this afternoon, please feel free to modify the text inorder to better convey what is needed from WSDM for the WSRF app note

Thanks for hosting the WSRF and WSN meetings

Here's the proposed text:

The WSRM TC members understand that WSDM TC has decided to build their specs on top of WSRF specs. Could you kindly identify which sections of the WSDM specs reference the WSRF documents/ functionality (and which one's)?

Also, how does WSDM plan to use the capability identified in WSRF issue 9:............?

Are there any other WSRF issues (from the Issues List) that are relevant to the WSDM work? In what context will those resolved issues be used by WSDM specs?

Fihally, we would be quite interested in the architectural choices that WSDM evaluated, when deciding to base part of your specs on WSRF documents. In particular, what problems were solved by WSRF specs and by which WSRM capabilities/ functionality? This could provide valuable insight to WS application designers that are evaluating the use of WSRF specs to define and support their WS applications.

We would like to include this information in the WSRF App Note. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best

alan

Alan Weissberger

1 408 863 6042 voice