Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - wd-wsdm-muws-1.0-20041104.doc uploaded

A few comments on the changes I made in this version:

1) About "status"

Since I was chairing the WSN meeting, I couldn't join the call where
this was discussed last week. If we really do this (that will teach me
to miss a call) then at least I suggest that we take these two symbolic
actions to lessen confusion with state:

- rename the "operational status" capability to "availability"
capability.
- rename the "OperationalStatus" property to "AvailabilityLevel"
- to prevent confusion and since we don't expect people to add new
status values to ours, we should not use Qnames, just strings.
Basically, we should define <availabilityLevel> as a restriction of
xs:string with 4 possible values: available, unavailable,
partiallyAvailable and unknown. Period.

2) About "discovery"

Heather was partially right this morning. The way WS-SG is written, it
sounds like you can't expect a property to be queryable in the "Content"
element if there is no membership content rule that refers to this
property. But Fred and I were also right to say that adding membership
content rules restricts who can be a member in the group and we don't
want to do that. So I put together a hack where we put the needed
membership content rules to have the query ability but we also add an
empty content rule to say "everyone is welcome". It looks pretty ugly to
say "to be a member you have to either do this or that or ... whatever
you want". So pinch your nose, read the discovery section and let's
talk.

William