Subject: Asynch data collection

In thinking about the discussions last week in terms of getting change
events and Heather's use case, it occured to me that perhaps we were missing
a key capability.  Consider the following, I simply want the management
provider to periodically send me the current values of properties (including
metrics).  Rather than trying to register to state change events, which has
both problems we discussed, the complexity of the registrations and the
potential quantity of change events for highly volatile properties.   Also,
since WS-N does not have the granularity to subscribe at the level we
discussed (deltas, percentage, etc).

If we had a capability that allows a "manager" to register for periodic
posting of properties, optionally with a list of properties of interest.  In
some regards, this is very similar to the model used for events.   In fact,
I believe it could be thought of a capability that changes the publications
of a management provide.  These could be annotated as 'registered" property
change events. This has the side effect that one manager could register and
other could potentially subscribe to the data.

Thoughts?

Richard