Subject: RE: [wsdm] please fix status capability in MUWS...

I don't understand. QName is a simple type defined by XML Schema, just like anyURI. Why can't we define an element of this type? BTW, the "problem" you see would also apply to:
<pbm:Match>xs:QName</pbm:Match> (defined in correlatable properties) wouldn't it?
But I don't see what the problem is.

Or is your problem not with elements of type xs:Qname but with the way we define specific QNames when we do? Are you saying that when we do that we can't just do it in text but we have to define an actual element by that QName in schema?

William

From: Sedukhin, Igor S [mailto:Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 7:29 PM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] please fix status capability in MUWS...

It should be

<OperationalStatus>{any}</OperationalStatus>

instead of <OperationalStatus>xs:QName</OperationalStatus>

QNames cannot just hang out there. They have to be declared in schema, WSDL, policy or some other document. Declaring them merely in the text is unheard of so far. I suggest we don't do it.

Therefore there should be XML element declarations which QNames correspond to the intended status values. e.g.

element with muws-xs:Available QName corresponds to available status.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)